Visual Expert 2019
Visual Expert 2019 introduces a new feature set to visualize the design of your application with diagrams.
They are automatically generated in the UI, and synchronized with the code, to combine design-level and code-level visualization.
Several models available from the start, additional ones will come step by step:
A Diagram Editor is automatically installed with VE to Edit, Export and Share the diagrams generated by Visual Expert.
- Identify the slowest procedures or functions
- Break-down the execution time of a procedure to pinpoint issues
- Find the slowest queries accessing a table
- Generate the execution plan of a query to identify optimizations
- Analyze the performance of a chain of objects calling each others
- Drill-down from object, to query and code-level
- New Code Review HTML Report. This report checks some development rules for SQL Server, Oracle and PowerBuilder applications, and lists the encountered issues in an html document.
- New macro to check naming conventions for SQL Server code.
Source Code Documentation
- Improved treeview response for large volumes of code
- New setting to select a specific parser for DB code embedded in PowerBuilder
- New maintenance tab in Ribbon to install Repository macro and start scheduler
- Automatic shrink of the Repository database when unused space exceeds 20%
- Dynamic references to datawindows now highlighted in the code
- Web services called: references to Web services highlighted in PowerBuilder code
- Stored Proc called: references to procedures highlighted in PowerBuilder code
- Shared datawindow: improvements to visualize shared DW dependencies
- Updated Oracle Connection screen and added SID field.
- Added wait indicator on open/close and other VE events.