Fetch a detailed view of the query execution process within Oracle.
This way, it won't be necessary to go back to your Oracle database manager to review its execution plan.
- Select a Table and Click on [Slowest SQLs using this table].
- Select a DML statement and click on [Execution Plan].
- You can also access this option from the ribbon menu in the ‘Performance’ Tab.
- Visual Expert lists hierarchically the operations of the query along with the time taken by each of them in milliseconds.
Additional Note: ‘Predicate’ information can also be viewed by end-users just like the ‘Execution Plan’.
Examples of ‘Execution Plan’ results for Oracle queries:
- Select statement
- Delete Statement
- Your VE project should read database code via a database connection
(as opposed to reading DB code from files),
- Activate VE performance monitoring,
- Wait for your database to execute SQL queries and log some execution statistics.