Visual Expert offers a Include/Exclude option to filter database objects by name, type or DB owner to narrow the code analysis for the intended portion of your code.
You can then focus on objects of primary interest when analyzing Oracle or SQL Server databases.
How to include/exclude database objects in Visual Expert?
Your Visual Expert project must connect to a database server to use this feature. If that’s the case, please follow the steps below:
- Select 'Manage Source Code' from the Settings tab in the ribbon menu.
- Select your source code location and click on 'Edit'.
- Next, you can choose to filter the database objects based on DB Owner, Object Type or Object Name.
Option 1: Filter Database Objects by DB Owner
- Click on [Add DB Owner] in the 'Selection of the DB Objects' window.
- The 'Filter Objects by DB Owner' window opens:
- Select a DB Owner from the drop-down list.
Choose between Include or Exclude to define your main criterion.
Click [OK] to save the filter.
- The new 'DB Owner Filter' appears in the list.
Option 2: Filter Database Objects by Type
- Users can select or deselect the object types from the list as shown below:
- The deselection of the checkboxes will exclude the respective items from the analysis.
For instance, unchecking the 'Synonym' checkbox will exclude it from the analysis.
Option 3: Filter Database Objects by Name
- Click on [Add Name Filter] in the 'Selection of the DB Objects' window.
- The 'Filter Objects by Name' window opens:
- Choose between Include or Exclude to define your main criterion.
- Then define your sub-criteria:
- Set the type of filter - Contains, Starts With, Ends With, Match Expression
- Define the Pattern, the string of characters that will be used to filter the object name
- Select the type of Object
The above combination will display a list of all objects whose name contains "db_".
The new 'Name Filter' appears in the list.
- To edit a filter, click on the first icon (with pen) to open Filter Objects by Name window and modify the criteria.
- To delete a Name Filter, click on the second icon (with red cross).