Visual Expert 2017 includes a new code parser to analyze T-SQL Code (stored procedures, functions…) and SQL Server Schemas (tables, views, triggers…).
You can select your SQL Server code by either:
- Including files and/or folders in your Visual Expert project
- Connecting to a SQL Server DB and filtering the DB objects with the project wizard.
All the Visual Expert key features are supported:
- Code Exploration and Impact Analysis
- Code Review
- Source Code documentation, etc.
Your Visual Expert Project can also include a combination of SQL Server + PB code to analyze the entire application (front end+back-end).
- Review and maintain dependencies between Client and Server Code.
- Navigate seamlessly between each language,
for instance when a PB Script is referencing a SQL Server Procedure