1. Enhanced Code Inspection Dashboard
Visual Expert 2021 introduced code inspection features to automatically detect vulnerabilities, bugs and maintainability issues.
In this new version, the dashboard has been improved to allow you to drill down into the code inspection results with greater efficiency.
Interactive Code Inspection Dashboard
Now you can click on a graph to see code health trends, list of issues, and get direct access to the items that need to be fixed.
- Additional Inspection Rules to check code security
- New Settings to adjust rules for code inspection
- User-friendly Tooltips in your dashboard
2. Extended Impact Analysis with New Sources of Code
Fine-grained analysis and code parsing for new sources of code:
- PowerBuilder 2021
- Oracle Cloud Database
- SQL Server Azure
- PBG Files
- AWS CodeCommit (Source Control)
- TFS PB Targets (Source Control)
3. Visual Expert UI Enhancements
Expand or Collapse Treeview Items (Branches)
For easier reading of the output of the different features, you can now expand
or collapse the elements (branches) in the Visual Expert treeview.
You now also have the possibility to enable paging in the treeview to speed up the display of large results: by default, only a limited number of items will be loaded.
Code Review dedicated tab in VE Menu
You can now find all the features and options related to the code review in a dedicated tab of the Visual Expert main menu.