Visual Expert 2020 can now analyze a database hosted in Azure.
You can set up a connection to Azure,extract source code from the Azure database server and analyze it in Visual Expert.
For a step-by-step tutorial, go to : Read code from a GIT / GitHub / Azure-Git Repository
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I analyze databases hosted in Azure?
Yes. Visual Expert allows you to connect to your Azure server, select a database, and perform a code analysis.
- Can I install the Visual Expert software in Azure?
No, it is not possible to install Visual Expert on your Azure server.
- Can I host the VE Repository in Azure?
No, it is not possible to create a VE Repository in your Azure server.
- Are there specific procedures/manipulations to connect to the Azure server from Visual Expert ?
Yes, you have to comply with the prerequisites listed below:
- The global IP address of the system where Visual Expert is installed must be allowed in the Azure server settings.
- The user connecting to the server needs a login string, a user name and a password.
- The user must have the rights to read and extract the content of the database.
- Are there any limitations related to the use of Visual Expert with an Azure server?
At this time, code performance analysis is not available for databases hosted in Azure.