Visual Expert 2020 now supports generating CRUD matrix on database Views.
This matrix is a consolidated report of all the CRUD operations performed on the Views, as well as the Tables over which the Views are generated.
How to Generate a CRUD Matrix on Views, using Visual Expert?
- Select one or several Views from the ‘Main View’ section.
- Click on ‘CRUD Matrix’ in the navigation bar.
- Once the file is generated, the following message will appear.
- Click on ‘Open’.
- This will open the corresponding CRUD Matrix in an Excel file, wherein:
- Views and underlying Tables appear as columns.
- The ‘Calling Item’ appears in the first column.
- The Item Type for the calling items is displayed in the adjacent cell.
- The ‘C’, ‘R’, ‘U’ and ‘D’ indicate the type of operations performed on the Tables and Views.