This procedures guides you to send an Extended Log (also called VELog because of it *.velog extension) when the code analysis could not complete, even if the VE client has crashed.
How to Send an Extended Log for Failed Analysis?
- Click the icon in the Quick Access Toolbar to open your project.
- A dialog box will appear to commence a new analysis as shown below. Click [No].
- Another dialog box will appear to edit project settings. Click [Yes].
- The project settings window will open. Just close it.
- Now, go to the 'Help' tab in the Ribbon. Click on [Get Support].
- The Contact Support wizard will open on your screen.
Select "Generate an extended log" and click [Next].
- Select the analysis that failed to complete.
If needed, change the folder where the Log will be generated.
- Visual Expert will generate a VELog (Extended Log) and open a new window. (See Below)
Click on [Browse Log].
- You will be directed to the VELog files available on your computer. Each file is encrypted.
- Select the VELog file you want to submit, and upload it to this page.