What is a Reverse Call Graph?
Reverse Call Graphs represent calling relationships at multiple levels.
- Nodes represent objects/methods.
- Arrows materialize relationships between callers and callees.
- The relationships are in the opposite direction of a Call Graph.
- Results are similar to Impact Analyses, but with multiple levels.
Reverse call graphs can be considered as recursive Impact Analyses.
- if you’re not yet familiar with Visual Expert,
you can start with Impact Analysis, easier to use.
Why use Reverse Call Graphs?
- Analyze the consequences of a change at multiple levels.
Reverse Call Graphs give a deeper vision than a (single-level) Impact Analysis.
- Understand the inner working of your application.
- Debug anomalies of program execution.
How to Generate Reverse Call Graphs?
Please follow the steps below to generate Reverse Call Graphs as tree views:
- Select a PowerBuilder method or a Database Object.
This will be the starting point of your Graph.
- In the navigation bar, Click on [Impact Analysis - Reverse Call Graph]
- The result is displayed as a treeview.
If you select an item, references to callees are highlighted in its code.