Create Call Graphs with Visual Expert for Oracle
WHY USE CALL GRAPHS ?
A call graph is a diagram representing objects referencing each others (multiple levels).
This graph can be used to:
- Document the inner workings of an application, analyze every possible run.
- Predict the impact of a change
- Track the flow of values between procedures
- Detect anomalies of program execution, find procedures never called.
How to generate a Call Hierarchy diagram for PL/SQL Code?
- In the treeview, select a stored procedure or a table, a function, a trigger, etc.
- Go to [Diagrams] in the ribbon menu, and click on "Called Hierarchy diagram"
- A diagram is generated. When hovering an item, a tooltip shows details about this item.
- You can highlight a particular entity and its dependencies:
Select it in the diagram, all the connected items will be highlighted in blue
- If you select an entity in the diagram, its code is displayed in the source code view: