Visual Expert (VE) 2020 now supports adding comments to Oracle tables and columns.
These comments are essential to document and explain the purpose of a particular table or column.
The Visual Expert Oracle code parser now analyzes them. Comments will be then displayed in the VE UI, as well as in the Oracle PL/SQL Code Documentation.
Check Comments in the Main View
- To view comments for tables, select ‘Tables’ at the root of the treeview.
Click on ‘All Tables’ in the Navigation Bar.
Comments are displayed (whenever available) beside each Table Name.
- Click on a table in the Main View to check it’s associated COMMENTS in the Source Code View.
- To check COMMENTS on Columns, select a table and click on ‘Columns’ in the Navigation Bar.
Check Comments in the Documentation
Refer to this article to learn how to generate an Oracle PL/SQL code documentation using Visual Expert.
Once the documentation has been generated, follow these steps :
- Open the Code Documentation generated by Visual Expert.
- In the Dashboard, click on ‘Tables’ to display the list of tables of your application.
- Table comments will be displayed in the ‘Description’ column.
- To check Column’s comments, click on a Table Name from the list of tables.
Its Columns are listed in the table details page, along with the associated COMMENTS in the column ‘Description’.