Follow these steps to set up the environment variable for “NLS_LANG”, with value: “Japanese_Japan.JA16SJIS”
- Open Windows Explorer and right-click on ‘This PC’.
Select ‘Properties’ in the context menu.
- In the Control Panel window, click on ‘Advanced system settings’.
- In the Advanced tab, click on “Environment Variables…”
- Under the ‘System Variables’ section, click on “New...”
- For the Variable Name field, enter “NLS_LANG”.
For the Variable Value field, enter “Japanese_Japan.JA16SJIS”.
- Please ensure that the new environment variable is added to the list.
- Restart your system and open Visual Expert.
Reanalyze your project and you should get good Japanese characters.