Visual Expert automatically generates detailed code review reports for PowerBuilder, Oracle or SQL Server code,
based on a set of rules pre-defined for each language.
What is a code review report?
The code review is meant to improve your code under several angles:
- Clean up the code to reduce maintenance and deployment costs.
- Improve code readability and maintainability.
- Fix performance issues to speed up the application in production.
- Remove security breaches that could be exploited to hack into your system.
How to create a code review report using Visual Expert?
- In the Documentation tab, click on ‘Advanced Settings’ to open the Documentation Center.
Select the ‘Code Review’ template
Click on ‘Generate Now’ to start generating the code review report.
Customize the Code Review Report
You can choose to narrow the Code Review Report to certain types of items. For instance, Visual Expert can generate a code review documentation for unused & uncommented procedures.
In the same window, click on the ‘Adjust Content’.
Select the type of elements on the left, and their characteristics on the right.
Homepage of a sample code review documentation created for a PB + SQL server project:
Check-out more code review report samples generated by Visual Expert:
- PB + SQL Server Sample Code Review Documentation
- PB + PL/SQL Sample Code Review Documentation
- SQL Server Code Review Documentation
- Oracle Sample Code Review Documentation