VE 2020 introduces a new Include/Exclude option to filter database objects by name.
Visual Expert allows you to narrow the code analysis to a portion of your code.
You can then focus on objects of primary interest when analyzing Oracle or SQL Server databases.
How to include/exclude database objects in Visual Expert?
Your Visual Expert project must connect to a database server to use this feature. If that’s the case, please follow the steps below:
- Select 'Manage Source Code' from the Settings tab in the ribbon menu.
- Select your source code location and click on 'Edit'.
- Click on 'Add Name Filter' in the “Selection of the DB Objects” window.
- The 'Filter Objects by Name' window opens:
- Choose between Include or Exclude to define your main criterion.
- Then define your sub-criteria:
- Set the type of filter - Contains, Starts With, Ends With, Match Expression
- Define the Pattern, the string of characters that will be used to filter the object name
- Select the type of Object
The above combination will display a list of all objects whose name contains "db_".
The new 'Name Filter' appears in the list.
- To edit a filter, click on the first icon (with pen) to open Filter Objects by Name window and modify the criteria.
- To delete a Name Filter, click on the second icon (with red cross).