Exploring the code of an application can serve several purposes, including:
- Understanding how the application works: Examining the code can help to understand how the application works, by identifying key components and the interactions between them. This can be useful for debugging, optimising or improving the application.
- Identify vulnerabilities and errors: Code analysis can identify vulnerabilities and errors in the application. These may include programming errors, bugs, security flaws or performance problems. Early identification of these problems can help avoid costly errors or potential security breaches.
- Improving code quality: Code review can help improve code quality by identifying poor coding practices or areas that could be improved. This can help ensure that the code is easy to maintain and extend in the future.
- Collaborate with other developers: Code review can help developers collaborate on projects by identifying areas where they can work together to solve problems or improve the code.
Visual Expert analyses the source code line by line to understand its structure and functions. It allows you to reconstruct the logic of the application in the form of a treeview and flow diagrams to visualise the application's inner workings.
Visual Expert reviews the application's source code to understand how the application works, identify the data structures used, identify vulnerabilities and errors, improve code quality and collaborate with other developers to improve the application.
Understand the application's inner workings
Using Visual Expert developers can smoothly dive into the application structure, no matter how complex the code is!
How does it work?
The Visual Expert parser analyzes PowerBuilder, Oracle, and SQL Server code and add hyperlinks between each reference.
Developers just have to navigate between the objects of the application to understand their relationships and fine-tune their analysis thanks to Visual Expert's numerous features.
Understanding the structure of an application and the relationships between the elements that make it up allows for optimized development.
- Navigate in code via hyperlinks, no matter how complex it is.
- Gain time in the development and maintenance of your code.
- Easily integrate new developers into ongoing projects.
- Leverage useful information in tooltips about objects, methods, and variables.
- Visualize inheritance dependencies and master the framework.